So one of my 35 things to do before I turn 35 is "blog more." I have it in writing. And yet, here I am, six(ish?) months since my last post. Bad form, Rosaline. However, another goal on my list was to read 100 books in a year, and yays! This I totally did.
And since I read so many books in 2010, it's time for... 2010'S BEST BOOKS LIST*!
*Maybe I should eta: 2010'S BEST BOOKS (THAT I READ BUT WERE NOT NECESSARILY PUBLISHED THIS YEAR) LIST!
1. The Passage by Justin Cronin*
2. The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman
3. How to Buy a Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson
4. Pegasus by Robin McKinley*+
5. Sunshine by Robin McKinley^
5. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
6. Zombies Versus Unicorns edited by Justine Larbalestier and Holly Black*+
7. Stolen by Lucy Christopher*
8. Room by Emma Donoghue*
9. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimon^
10. The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
* = published in 2010
+ = lucky enough to read as an ARC
^ = made the cut from "The Best Books of 2010 (January to June)"
Some of the books on this list came as a real surprise to me (The Passage and How to Buy a Love of Reading come to mind). I mean, I was looking forward to reading them -- some were even books I asked for as birthday/Christmas presents -- but when I picked them up, I could not put them down. Seriously, the week I spent with The Passage, I couldn't wait to get home at the end of the day and just sit and read. Which is generally what I did. For like four hours at a time.
I highly, highly recommend every book on this list. (This is the part where I was going to say "especially this one or that one," but honestly, they're all amazing!)
Happy 2011! Here's to many more good reads!